Despite all the temptations that exist right now, I’m on a spending freeze (cold snap?) due to some fun things this year is holding. They’re also the things currently pushing me to get off my couch and go jog or do something else to prevent from turning into a blob of human-ness in the off season.
Mainly, I got my deposit in for Event Camp which is as awesome as it sounds – four days with Sharon White, Tim Bourke and Leslie Law. It’s like all of my childhood dreams of horse camp, but way better. I’ve heard great things about riding with all three and I basically can’t wait for July now. (Except I can because whoa, out of shape and need to get that fixed.) It’s two lessons on days one and two, one lesson and one competition evaluation on day three and one lesson on day four of your choice (flat, XC or SJ). It’ll mean taking four days of my vacation time, but seriously would I rather be on horse vacation or off doing touristy things, uh no competition there.
We also have a Lucinda Green XC clinic scheduled for this spring, so essentially come hell or high water I will be there, although auditing or riding is TBD.
Otherwise, the schedule is still a little up in the air, but I’ve been rounding up some of the local options that have published dates. We have a lot to choose from this summer, so I’m excited to see where we end up. I’ll be playing with the budget and work dates to make it happen.
- March 24th – First Day of Spring CT at CAF
- April 14th – Heartland CT at CAF
- May 5th-6th – Penny Oaks HT at Hoosier Horse Park (we may not be ready to run XC, but we’ll see)
- May 12th – May Flowers Derby and CT at CAF
- June 2nd-3rd – IEA Horse Trials (also N/T 3 Day starting May 30th, so will definitely go down to volunteer!)
- June 9th-10th – Lucinda Green XC Clinic
- June 16th-17th – Day before HT Derby and Father’s Day HT at CAF
- July 9th-12th – Event Camp!
- August 11th – Summer CT and Derby at CAF
- August 18th – Hoosier Hops Derby at HHP
- September 8th – Fall Harvest CT and Derby at CAF
- October 13th-14th – Fall Festival Derby and Horse Trials at CAF
So. many. options! IEA doesn’t even have their full calendar up either.